"Zest is the secret of all beauty. There is no beauty that is attractive without zest." - Christian Dior

Sunday 8 April 2012

Oh hai!!! I am pleased to see you.


Hmmmmm, this is interesting. First blog post – what on earth does one do now? Well, if you’re reading this, it means there must be at least two of us here. So we may as well crack on – be rude not to, really.
Why do a blog? Well, I have an obsession. Technically, one of many…….. but the one I shall be dealing with here primarily is my obsession with make-up.
I love it. I love it when you get out of bed feeling like Ken Dodd’s ugly sister, put a bit of face on and suddenly feel as though you can take on the world. I know beauty isn’t everything – now I have hit (and exceeded) the magic 30, I know that very well! – but it’s a jolly good place to start. And without such trivial fripperies such as make-up, perfume and skin care,  how could we begin to distinguish those things which are actually quite important?
Ok, here’s the disclaimer.
I am not a professional make-up artist (purely amateur, and that’s the way I like it!). I am also no model. I scrub up fine, don’t get me wrong, but I am nothing but average-ish really. BUT – and here’s the “but” – aren’t most of us? It wouldn’t be an average, otherwise.   #normaldistribution
So here’s a blog for those of us who freely admit we probably wouldn’t win any awards if we were pitted against Elle MacPherson, but also those of us who wouldn’t want to – we’re happy being us, and being the best “us” we can be. 
Jen
x

No comments:

Post a Comment