"Zest is the secret of all beauty. There is no beauty that is attractive without zest." - Christian Dior

Friday 13 July 2012

MUA eyeshadow palette - Heaven and Earth


Is anyone superstitious out there?

In order to try to alleviate some of the Friday 13th blues, I thought I would introduce you to my new favourite eyeshadow palette (for now, at least!).

I love neutral eyeshadows. They’re just so easy to wear – either just as a wash of colour over the lids for the daytime, or built up into a smoky eye for the evening.

This 12-shade palette has got a great mix of work-appropriate as well as more dramatic shades. I feel as though this leans slightly warmer than other palettes I’ve got, but cool-toned ladies will be able to work with this too (unlike the Naked palette…!). The finishes are all satin-shimmer, so if you’re after some matte shades this isn’t the one for you. However, none of them venture into disco-glitterball territory so ladies of all ages and dispositions can wear this with pride (although I personally don’t subscribe to the whole “older-ladies-can’t-wear-shimmer” mindset – who made that one up?!).

I have taken to wearing one of the lighter shades all over the lid during the daytime, as it takes about five seconds to apply (more time in bed!) but the subtle shimmer really gives your eyes a boost, and makes them look more awake and twinkly.

Some of the darker shades would benefit from being applied over a primer as they do crease a little, but to be honest I tend not to bother on a day-to-day basis.

There are loads of these in the MUA store. I’ve currently got my eye on the Undressed palette (‘cos a girl can never have too many neutrals, yano?). Apparently it’s a fabulous dupe for the Naked palette; although I already own Naked I would be interested to see what the differences are. I also quite like the look of the Glamour Days palette, it seems to have some interesting purply-colour shades I’d love to try. And for a mere £4.00 each, I think this is an addiction I can afford to fuel….!

Anyway, let’s have a look at Heaven and Earth:

Top row
Bottom row
Are there any others you think I should try?

Jen
X

No comments:

Post a Comment