"Zest is the secret of all beauty. There is no beauty that is attractive without zest." - Christian Dior

Wednesday 30 May 2012

NYX single eyeshadow swatches


Happy Birthday to Me, etc etc.

Anyway, in a break away from the Jen’s swatching norm, I thought I would leave the lip stuff for a while and break out a few eyeshadows.

First post is for the NYX single eyeshadows. I don’t own a great many of these – to be honest, despite the cheapness of NYX, I do still favour MAC and NARS for eyeshadows, and in any case my daytime looks aren’t daring enough to warrant buying shedloads of the little beggars.

So, what about the formula? Well, so far as I can gather, there are several finishes to the NYX eyeshadows: matte, shimmer, glitter, sheer, frost, and metallic. I have to confess I haven’t got a Scooby-doo what finishes mine are.

With the exception of Prune, which is a bit on the hard side, I have found the formula to be soft and buttery, but the shimmery/glittery ones do experience some fall out so primer is a must, as is a gentle hand. Frosted Ocean was a bit of a one-off usage - purchased to wear to an eighties themed party and never touched since. Which is a shame, because it actually applies quite sheerly, as you can see in the swatch below. I might have to try to come up with some daytime appropriate looks to get some more use out of it.

Swatcheroo:

Top row L-R: Iced Mocha, Nutmeg, Peach Bronze, Vanilla Shimmer; Bottom row L-R: Utopia Gold, Prune, Green Tea, Frosted Ocean       

Top row (in same order as above)
Bottom row (in same order as above)
 I also own a few of the palettes; I will be swatching those in due course. 

Jen
x

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete